Brilliant Shades of BlueFeb. 19, 2023
Have you ever noticed how many different shades of blue there are?
- There's the brushed marine blue of a bowl of blueberries.
- There's brilliant turquoise like the shallows of a tropical lagoon.
- There's slate blue like you'd find on a stone patio.
- There's the pale sky blue canopy that you might see laced with clouds
- There's the deep midnight blue canvas dotted with twinkly stars.
- And countless others.
There are endless nuances to notice, when we take the time to look.
The same choice is available everywhere in life:
- You can see this week as just a regular week, or you can be keenly aware of all the ways this one is unique.
- You can see tomorrow's 3pm meeting as just another session to get through. Or you can be fascinated by all the variables that make this one special and all the possibilities this creates.
- You can treat your workout as a series of repetitive motions to be completed and forgotten, or you can notice with great curiosity how your body feels and responds today, and use what you learn to adjust your technique.
Which approach do you think will be more fun? Which perspective will make your life richer?
A more vibrant life is always available, if we slow down enough to notice the distinctions that already exist.